Vai al contenuto

Americano a Milano

MorganStudio

here:

http://www.fixedforum.it/forum/forum/8-eventi/

you can find a lot of events, most of them are in Milan or in cities close to Milan(less than 100km), this week end for example there will be the Mi-To, from Milan to Turin with a track bike!

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

what is your budget for the bike? we could help you find some deals on the internet since you're not that good with italian and italian sites.

i was noticing the differences you pointed out roaming on new york fixed gear on facebook..
two different worlds, same passion. 

see you in the next events! =)

• Like 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Hey guys, I wanted to say thank you for all the responses! You have all been super helpful.

So here's the update:

I went to Velociclista and Ferriveloci today. Diego Raco at Velociclista was super helpful and we talked for a while about bikes and frames. He has me leaning in the direction of buying an older steel frame with the horizontal dropouts. There in the store he had some older Colnago and De Rosa frames that were looking pretty appealing. Nothing in the store was quite right for me though so he told me he would look around to see if he could find something perfect size and style wise. Thank you @Vise for the recommendation - I'm really happy I went and I'm interested to see if he can find me something! 

At Ferriveloci, Paolo Paciucci was so kind and showed me his workshop and the frames he's working on. His work is amazing and he took the time to explain the geometries, styles, colors, options, designed, everything! He is a true craftsman and he really knows what he's talking about. The only problem is that the wait time for a frame is around 3+ months and I was really looking for a bike sooner. That's the thing about truly custom, bespoke bikes though - you have to wait. Thank you @cornelius for the recommendation - it was definitely and experience. 

@Ch4rlie96 I'm going to look on those pages and I'll keep an eye out - thanks! 

@MattiaRA Thanks for the welcome!

@riky76 the Allecat sounds super fun.

@severinodigiovanni I really wish I could do the Milan to Turin ride! No bike though : (

@BobsHaero my budget is anywhere from 300 to about 1.500 eu but I'd like to keep it under 1.000. I don't mind spending more, but I don't want to spend it on brand names or something I can easily get in the U.S. Haha and yeah, I'm not great with Italian sites.  

Hope to meet you all soon!

Morgan 

• Like 3
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

within that budget (under €1000) i suggest storm cycles for alluminium ( @Choppah ), or one of italian craftman, such as ferriveloci itself, @indio and so on on the new, or find a classy vintage frame, the italian pedigree if you will.
i'd personally go with storm cycles, alluminium is better for me.

then, for the building..well, if i were you i'd stay cheap and take home just the frame/fork, to spend less in transport.

just an hour ago some of the "ancient users" of the forum talked about the possibility of building up a wheelset from the forum for the forum, by telephone.
It will be two rims made in italy (20km from milan), 380gr each so ultra light weight, engraved with fixedforum logo or something like that on the rim, laced with handmade spokes (made by @ ) on novatec hubs (ISO system, i produce an axle that performs very well) and a cog made by @etoy. or you can go with the more expensive and better hubs from @FixKin.
those (both options) can be considered some of the best here in italy, and the ISO system, even if in US is not common and not highly regarded, in italy is seen as the best for street use.
This will be definetely something you will never find in US, a real piece of the italian community.
if you are interested i'll keep you posted on what will become of this idea.

a miche groupset should be the good compromise between price/quality and Italianity (is that even a word?) for the rest of the bike.

just putting some inputs that you won't find so easily on the internet, something of the community here, that could be someway interesting for you.

and not paying for any brands, just for craftmanship.

Modificato da BobsHaero (visualizza cornologia modifica)
  • Like 2
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Inviata (modificato)

within that budget (under €1000) i suggest storm cycles for alluminium ( @Choppah ), or one of italian craftman, such as ferriveloci itself, @indio and so on on the new, or find a classy vintage frame, the italian pedigree if you will.

i'd personally go with storm cycles, alluminium is better for me.

then, for the building..well, if i were you i'd stay cheap and take home just the frame/fork, to spend less in transport.

just an hour ago some of the "ancient users" of the forum talked about the possibility of building up a wheelset from the forum for the forum, by telephone.

It will be two rims made in italy (20km from milan), 380gr each so ultra light weight, engraved with fixedforum logo or something like that on the rim, laced with handmade spokes (made by @ ) on novatec hubs (ISO system, i produce an axle that performs very well) and a cog made by @etoy. or you can go with the more expensive and better hubs from @FixKin.

those (both options) can be considered some of the best here in italy, and the ISO system, even if in US is not common and not highly regarded, in italy is seen as the best for street use.

This will be definetely something you will never find in US, a real piece of the italian community.

if you are interested i'll keep you posted on what will become of this idea.

a miche groupset should be the good compromise between price/quality and Italianity (is that even a word?) for the rest of the bike.

just putting some inputs that you won't find so easily on the internet, something of the community here, that could be someway interesting for you.

and not paying for any brands, just for craftmanship.

Storm cycles looks interest but I can't find a lot of information about the frames on their website. Is Indio the username of Ferriveloci or another frame builder? Again, I'd like a frame to ride relatively soon and it doesn't seem to be in the picture to get a custom frame at the moment because of the wait time. I agree about getting a reasonably priced component group - the miche is a great value.

Can you message me about the wheelset? That sounds like such an awesome way to commemorate my time here in Milano. I'd love to have a "piece" of the fixed gear forum - as I hope to meet all you guys and make some great memories as well as have some way to remind of it all!

fixedforum:e' tutto intorno a te

ma chi e' la vodafone???

hahahahahhahahaha

Io di solito capisco italiano, ma non ho capito questo...

Grazie

Morgan

Modificato da MorganStudio (visualizza cornologia modifica)
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

@MorganStudio If I were you, I would get BOTH a road bike and a track bike, classic italian steel from the eighties or nineties. With a grand, you can make it with no issues. To ship back one or two bikes makes no difference.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Also Vetta is good, check my yellow bike in my signature, frame costs 450€

Also very good is Faggin with Velomatic

And the mythic Cinelli with the Parallax or Vigorelli (I would buy a Vigo), check Sardicicli website!

For a road bike, on the website www.subito.it you can buy a good used road bike for about 200-300€

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

You can buy a pellizzoli, in twelve month you should get the order confirm.

Anyway with 600€ you can get col things, what size?

• Like 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Just saw two guys riding almost matching black is black Cinelli Vigorelli down Via Marghera by Wagner.

I'm just trying to find something special and interesting that I can buy relatively soon without having to wait for it to be made. Size 53/54

Morgan

• Like 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti