Vai al contenuto

Americano a Milano

MorganStudio

Hi Morgan, welcome.

There are two places where we use to ride: one is on the RHC course and one on a course in the Parco Lambro.

The next month there will be two Criterium races in the Parco Lambro:

1-Criterium Tremens: 9th of April at 8pm o'clock.

2-LambroCrit: 15th of April at 8pm o'clock

It could be a good time for meeting a lot of "fixed" people.

Regarding the bike, what is your frame size?

Modificato da Kombo (visualizza cornologia modifica)
  • Like 3
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Hi Kombo, thanks for the welcome!

I will definitely have to check those courses out. I'm also interested in seeing what those Crits are like here in Italy.

My frame size is a 53cm/54cm. What do you suggest I do?

Thanks,

Morgan

• Like 3
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

I will definitely have to check those courses out. I'm also interested in seeing what those Crits are like here in Italy.

Thanks,

Morgan

Are you intrested in buying a frame? because if you're in Milan, and you're looking for a classical italian steel frame you need to checkout Ferriveloci.

However that race was insane!!

• Like 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Thanks,

Morgan

Are you intrested in buying a frame? because if you're in Milan, and you're looking for a classical italian steel frame you need to checkout Ferriveloci.

I am interested in buying a frame/bike but I want to keep my budget reasonable because if I'm just getting the frame, all of the other pieces and the group/kit adds up really quickly - especially since I don't have the tools or know a local bike shop or know where to get cheep parts. Just because of that I was kind of leaning towards finding a complete build. Also I have a fixed gear back home but the shipping would be expensive and would take a long time. 

About how much are the Ferriveloci frames? Do you have any suggestions for complete builds?

And if you're talking about the Marathon Crash Race - it is truly insane and it happens every year. 

Thanks,

Morgan

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Thanks,

Morgan

Velociclista is the answer ;)

A very nice shop in south Milan

Loggati per vedere il contenuto

• Like 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Thanks,

Morgan

I am interested in buying a frame/bike but I want to keep my budget reasonable because if I'm just getting the frame, all of the other pieces and the group/kit adds up really quickly - especially since I don't have the tools or know a local bike shop or know where to get cheep parts. Just because of that I was kind of leaning towards finding a complete build. Also I have a fixed gear back home but the shipping would be expensive and would take a long time. 

About how much are the Ferriveloci frames? Do you have any suggestions for complete builds?

And if you're talking about the Marathon Crash Race - it is truly insane and it happens every year. 

Thanks,

Morgan

Ferriveloci are soo sweet but also not so cheap. There are a lot of ciclofficine in Milan, where you can build up your bike for free. Take a look at the mercatino on the forum, sometimes you can find really good stuff!!

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

I don't know if it's against the rules to talk about prices, but how much is not cheap (Ferriveloci)? I'll try to check out Velociclista tomorrow.

What kind of brands are there / what brands are good in general? The brands you have here in Milano for fixed gear are different than in the U.S. but we do have Cinelli. There's a lot of Aventon, Leader, Felt, Fuji, and Specialized back home.

What do you guys think of Cinelli and other Milanese bands as fixed gear riders from Milan? People in the U.S. really like the Mash. 

Also the "ciclofficine" concept is totally foreign to me, as we don't have anything like that in the states. I really want to get involved in the cycling scene here, but it's just so different than in the U.S.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Also the "ciclofficine" concept is totally foreign to me, as we don't have anything like that in the states. I really want to get involved in the cycling scene here, but it's just so different than in the U.S.

a ciclofficina is a place where you can find and use tools to repair your bike for free (and people that may help you if you need). It is something born to encourage people to repair their bikes by themselves and spread the use of bikes in the city. there are at least 7-8 active in Milan, check where is the one nearest to your place.

• Like 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Thanks,

Morgan

Morgan, take a look at this one:

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

I suggest you to start looking for a road bike. You can find some good steel road bike for 100€. Than you can sell the transmission and buy rear wheel, chain and pedals.

And then you will have a fantastic converted fixed bike.

Remember the horizontal dropouts

Inviato dall'inferno utilizzando Tapatalk

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Morgan, take a look at this one:

I know the Leader is a solid bike and it would probably the easiest option for me, but if possible, I would like to get something Italian just because I'm here and want something a little different that what they have in the U.S. Thanks for looking for me though!

I suggest you to start looking for a road bike. You can find some good steel road bike for 100€. Than you can sell the transmission and buy rear wheel, chain and pedals.

And then you will have a fantastic converted fixed bike.

Remember the horizontal dropouts

I've heard of people doing this - it's not super common in the U.S. Where would you suggest I look for a road bike and how hard is it to get fixed gear parts?

True, that with a road bike I won't have the horizontal dropouts. 

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

I suggest you to look on 'Subito.it' or here, in the mercatino. Look for 'bici da corsa' or 'bdc'. You can find also fixed gear parts here.

For the dropouts, there are a lot of steel road bike of 90's that have horizontal dropouts.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Thanks,

Morgan

Hi Morgan, don't miss the allecat in Milano on april 11st, it will be great!

• Like 5
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti