Vai al contenuto

New Man

Le Français

Hi everybody i'm "Le Français", i'm fixed in France, in Lyon, i'm very happy to be on your forum, i ride a Guerciotti pista and an MBK from the "Tour de France 1993" singlespeed.

Nice to meet you folks, sorry for my english and i can say it's very hard to understand everything on your forum because i only speak english and spanish (i feel i'm going to learn italian...)

Bye

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

bienvenue!

We are close, cause i live in valsusa near france! how is the fixy-scene there in lyon?

au revoire

riky

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Tanks for your responses, in Lyon we're about 40 or 50 riders but we rarely ride all together. Our rides are with 10 to 20 riders. We havn't got really fixies shops but 3 classical bikes shops sell parts for fixies.

If you come in Lyon with your bike, tells us on :

Loggati per vedere il contenuto

Thats the link to the Lyon's topic on our fixed gear forum "pignonfixe.com"

See you soon !

Have a good ride !

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Hi everybody i'm "Le Français", i'm fixed in France, in Lyon, i'm very happy to be on your forum, i ride a Guerciotti pista and an MBK from the "Tour de France 1993" singlespeed.

Nice to meet you folks, sorry for my english and i can say it's very hard to understand everything on your forum because i only speak english and spanish (i feel i'm going to learn italian...)

Bye

Nice to hear from you! I'm proud of knowing that our forum is read also in France!

And you also have a great bike, Guerciotti was one of the great Italian framebuilder.

Well, Italian is really hard to learn. Here where I live no one speaks Italian, we only speak Venetian dialect :D Maybe I'm joking, but we all have a strong accent and we always use dialectal words also speaking in Italian.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Thanks again for your response.

Right now I'm building the Guerciotti, piece by piece...

My actual bike is an old school Time trial MBK from the "Tour de France 1993" with a Look Carbon fork and some goodies, it's a Singlespeed look at the (old) picture, it's not really like that today :

img_0210.jpg

And your forum is very arranged, not as our...

See you soon !

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Simply awful colours :D, really late 80's - early 90's

How do you manage with chain tension using vertical dropouts? At least they seem vertical...

P.S.: Brooks rules! I want only Brooks saddles for my bike, they are comfortable as any one else!

P.P.S.: my English is getting worse and worse...

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Yes it's vertical dropouts and for the chain tension : Veeeeeeeery big chance ;-) ratio 42/16 and it's ok !

My Brooks is 10 years old, used by a road bike rider (just for me... ;-P).

this bike weights 8,5 kg with Tioga Downhill pedals and the Brooks, my objective is 7 kg with lighter tubular wheels (Mavic Mach 2 CD 2), SR Suntour pedals, lighter saddle, Look ergopost carbon/titanium seatpost and a carbon fiber semi-rised handlebar.

PS: your english is very good, as mine, no ? ;-)

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Maybe you can save some weight with a fixed cog (is it freewheel?) and no brakes :D

Argh! Now I realize that you have a C-Record crankset!

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Bienvenu "Le Français"!

C'est un plaisir d'être lu aussi en France. J'ai mon compte sur pignonfixe mais j'ai jamais rien écrit... Maintenant, il faut que je le fasse ;-)

Joli cadre vélo, bien sûr le couleur, comme Lanerossi a écrit, n'est pas pour tous :-)

J'ai seulment une quéstion: pourquoi tu veux un vélo autant léger? 8,5 kg ce n'est déjà pas mal du tout...

À bientôt!

p.s. putain, mon ortographie en français est complètement abîmée, je dois écrir avec l'aide de mon Bescherelle :-P

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Pour l'orthographe, ça va, on voit bien bien bien pire en ce moment en France.... ;-)

Viens te présenter sur PF.com !

Why 7 kg ? Because it's a challenge... And because I weight 107 kg... So i need to reduce the "total weight" XD

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti