Vai al contenuto

visita - could You tell me sth?[con traduzione!]

mari

ciao! first - I decide to write in english because is still more fluent than italian /not good../, but answer as you want, even in suahili - i believe google translator ;p

ok: tonight after GlobalGutz I start to think about my staying in Rome for 6 month sholarship which I will begin in october. I can't imagine so long time spend without my two wheels... it's only 8 kg but I'm from Poland, Cracovia - taking bike to plane is quite imposible - moreover - probably I will hitchhike. is it possible to make up some fix quikly, neat & cheaply with your help? /no kit../ or.. it's completly bad idea - Rome is worse than San Francisco, everything is after next corner, there is no fix-nerds.. ;p btw - whow meny /circa../ fellows are there? girls? :)

okey - I know - its naive-boring topic for such a beautiful days but be understanding - here is rainning cats and dogs..

vedersi /somehow ;)/

Maria

(traduzione di richard: la ragazza, dalla polonia, cerca appoggi a roma dove si trasferira' da ottobre per un periodo di studio. appoggi non in quel senso, pervertiti. vorrebbe trovare un telaio da convertire 54-56 e un po di info sulla scena della fissa a roma, ritrovi vari ed eventuali, e sapere se ci sono ragazze che girano in fissa...insomma fatevi sentire, siate comunita', aiutate gli amichetti dei paesi lontani! se non siete capaci in inglese, scrivete in italiano che traduco io. ma siate circoncisi.)

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

hey!

i'm not from rome, so i can't help on the "scene" aspect of things, but i believe sothing is "moving" down there, so i'm sure you'll find someone.

It shouldnt be hard to find a roadbike frame to convert (if your height is standard, if you need a tall frmae like a 60 cm or something, it will be a bit trickier, speaking from personal experience). My advice, in any case, would be to just bring with you a rear hub, a cog and a lockring. and maybe the crancks. in this way you'd be able to convert almost anything, and those are the harder-to-find bits.

rome is gorgeous, i lived there for a couple of years a while back and it's amazing. hilly, so you might need to keep a low ratio. people are nice and welcoming, weather is great, and beautiful girls are, from what I can remember, plentyful.

i;m sure someone else will answer in more details soon!

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

thanks Richard! I'm rather capricious cyclist... normally I use one of my tree bikes - every for special mood and occasion - normal Holand goat /as we call such a bikes ;)/, antic german and fix made on very light tigra's frame... the last is leading of course :)

probably the most time-eating thing would be finding optimal frame - 54-56.. do you have any flea market? old freaks having garage full of cycle refuse? I supposed that plan of mine it's quite stupid - i should find first accomodation, get use to new conditions and than think how to live up, not how to find bike ;/

/probably on the end I will use post .../

but... mhm,

okey - question about girls was rised to get to know if in Rome are many women on fix-gear :) so - beauty of them is of course also nice and important - haha - but... i just don't want to feel lonly :)

do You make some alleys opened for "everyone" not only local messenger elit ;p ?

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

do You make some alleys opened for "everyone" not only local messenger elit ;p ?

Hi mari, here in Italy we have a very little comunity of bike messengers, only in Roma and Milano. Someone else was a BM. So we are a country of fakengers!

There are many events opened to everyone, but at the moment we run only in the north: for example in Milano, Torino, Bologna. Sometimes bike messengers organize alleycat races, like the last Global Gutz in Milan, sometimes they simply run with us... Most of races, alleycat and events are organized by local crews like 165 BC, MollaBuni, Pipe Gang, Ride in Circle, Scatttofisso Bologna and Milanofixed, so u can find everything on their websites and blogs.

U can find also here in fixedforum.it a calendar and discussions about every event in Italy! ;)

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

thanks Richard! I'm rather capricious cyclist... normally I use one of my tree bikes - every for special mood and occasion - normal Holand goat /as we call such a bikes ;)/, antic german and fix made on very light tigra's frame... the last is leading of course :)

probably the most time-eating thing would be finding optimal frame - 54-56.. do you have any flea market? old freaks having garage full of cycle refuse? I supposed that plan of mine it's quite stupid - i should find first accomodation, get use to new conditions and than think how to live up, not how to find bike ;/

/probably on the end I will use post .../

but... mhm,

okey - question about girls was rised to get to know if in Rome are many women on fix-gear :) so - beauty of them is of course also nice and important - haha - but... i just don't want to feel lonly :)

damn! ahahaha, sorry about the girls thing, i totally missinterpreted the reasons you asked:)

my apologies.

I'm guessing there won't be many, at the moment the scene in italy is rather scarce on females (i'd say the ratio is 1 to 20 maybe). As for the frame, the size is quite common, i'm sure that you'll find something among old bike shops or bike mechanics. To point you exactly in the right direction would be difficult as rome is a rather large city, if you wish I can translate your post in italian just in case that someone local who doesnt speak english might have infos

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

AFAIK, Roma is the italian city with more "ciclofficine", that's bicycle kitchens, self-managed cycle labs...

I guess the best option is to go there.

Loggati per vedere il contenuto

In Roma there's also one surly italian guru of the self made fixedbike: Mastro Rotafixa.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

In Roma there's also one surly italian guru of the self made fixedbike: Mastro Rotafixa

I've seen his homesite - realy GREAT

Thanks for link to ciclofficina - It could be usefull someday.

:) I see - that you guys are from Milan, Bologne.. where is Rome it self ?!;D

Richard, If you can really translate my first post - just meaning - maybe i would count on more replies ( in italian special - i would also practice my knowlege or lack of it), /Already, thanks to You, I know more than before asking ;p/ i'll appreciate

Greetings from rainy Poland

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

hi,

I'm from Rome, but I ride fixie only when I can, and when i have time.

In my opinion, Rome is not the right city for fixie. I find it hard because people are not used to see bikers and they don't have any respect for them: our traffic is crazy!! I mean only that somethimes I had to thank god to have a singlespeed, I don't know what if I had no brakes. But, don't be scary, maybe you are a Fixie PRO and you will not have any problems.

Anyway cycling in Rome is a MUST. Traffic is foolish and public transportation are often not that efficient: so I advice u to use a bike. (if u want a freewhell one u can find something "good" from 100 euro).

If u really want to ride a fixedgear, just remember that we are talking about ROMA: u will find everything u need... but maybe you will have to pay for it :).

As other guys already told u, there are a lot of "ciclofficine" where u will for sure find some help, and, if u are lucky, the frame u need.

Anyway I'll be happy to help u if u need to know something else about this great city!

CIAO ANDREA.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

hi mari, i'm from roma (just back from 2yrs in the uk)...i agree rome is not the best place for a fix/ss. some area may be hilly, also the pavement is crappy. It depends on the kind of rome u live (dimension and area).

i ride a ss but with a short gearing. dunno much abt mechanics etc but the ciclofficlina link given to u may be a good start...ah totally oftopic, i have a gf from lublin LOL

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti