rpiresleite

Palermo - Roma

29 posts in this topic

Ciao guys,

I would like to get some advise from you guys. We are 4 riders going from Palermo to Roma in August on fixed gears.

Can we open dis discussion here? I would like to get ideas, tips, feedback or anything that comes to your mind about this.

Thanks

5 people like this

23 minuti fa, rpiresleite ha scritto:

Ciao guys,

I would like to get some advise from you guys. We are 4 riders going from Palermo to Roma in August on fixed gears.

Can we open dis discussion here? I would like to get ideas, tips, feedback or anything that comes to your mind about this.

Thanks

Ciao!

Great plan! Considering the heat in southern Italy in August you should ride by night.

This guys rode from Rome to Salerno (it's the other way round) on fixed gear bikes last summer, maybe they can help you.

@lone wolf , @lo-fi boi ; @MrHarp

Yeah... we were suppose to go from Helsinki to Czech Republic in July but one of the guys had a injury and we will have to wait for the trip... and in August up there is snowing already... so we are going south :D

1 hour ago, rpiresleite said:

Ciao guys,

Thanks

You are more than welcome to open the discussion here, it's a cool idea -maybe not the best moment of the year as Bix said but a cool idea nonetheless.

First tip: are you guys on warmshowers.org ? It's a great place to offer/receive hospitality for cyclists.

Second tip: watch your bikes, lock them!

1 person likes this

on second thought.. I'm moving this topic to "cicloturismo" section

Just register myself on the warmshowers. thanks for the tip.

does anyone recommend ''MUST GO'' places on the way?

14 ore fa, rpiresleite ha scritto:

Just register myself on the warmshowers. thanks for the tip.

does anyone recommend ''MUST GO'' places on the way?

hi,

we rode last year from Rome to Salerno (we rode Rome-Agropoli indeed, about 70km after Salerno). The streets on that part of the  route are quite good, little bit busy between pompei and Napoli (and paved, too) but @lone wolf once told me that the hardest part with the worst roads is in between the areas of Lucania, but I think he can tell you more about that. 

we rode our trip in "audax mode", so little and short stops, but if you intend to do your ride more like a "trip" there's a lot of places that you can visit along the road, beautiful sea and nice spots. I suggest you the nice town of Castellabate, Paestum if you're interested in history, and of course every f*cking places that sell mozzarella di bufala between agropoli and battipaglia.  

1 person likes this

MrHarp, thanks for the advice.

We wont be really sight seen... besides the beautiful landscape on the way. But would be cool to visit some shops and velodromes on the way!

*Mozzarella di bufala* YES!!!!!!!!

11 minuti fa, rpiresleite ha scritto:

MrHarp, thanks for the advice.

We wont be really sight seen... besides the beautiful landscape on the way. But would be cool to visit some shops and velodromes on the way!

*Mozzarella di bufala* YES!!!!!!!!

I highly doubt there'll be velodromes in south Italy

Really? That's a pity. And what about some fixed gear bike* shops???

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edited by rpiresleite (see edit history)