rico

Cinelli Frame, changing rear brake socket

4 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I want to build a fixd gear bike. I found this frame, for 180€. 

http://kleinanzeigen.ebay.de/anzeigen/s-anzeige/bahnrad-rahmen-wechsel-rh52-%28fixie-singlespeed-columbus%29/130714879-217-3377?ref=search

A cinelli columbus spx frame with Campagnolo fork. Included is the bottom bracket and headtube.

The only problem is that the rear brake socket was manipulated with a file for bigger tyres.

I want to change the socket, and solder a new one onto the frame. Could anyone help me with getting such a socket for this frame? How much would this cost?

I was woundering if the price is ok for the frame?

Hi Guys,

I want to build a fixd gear bike. I found this frame, for 180€. 

http://kleinanzeigen.ebay.de/anzeigen/s-anzeige/bahnrad-rahmen-wechsel-rh52-%28fixie-singlespeed-columbus%29/130714879-217-3377?ref=search

A cinelli columbus spx frame with Campagnolo fork. Included is the bottom bracket and headtube.

The only problem is that the rear brake socket was manipulated with a file for bigger tyres.

I want to change the socket, and solder a new one onto the frame. Could anyone help me with getting such a socket for this frame? How much would this cost?

I was woundering if the price is ok for the frame?

The price is very good, if I understand, you want to change the bridge. The work is long and you need a frame builder, why not fill it with two-component metal filler and then repaint it (or the whole frame)?

Hi,

in my near neighborhood is a airplanebuilder which does are solderings and weldings (expert for bmw and mercedes) he will get it sorted.

I only need the bridge